Woke up around 7am. Meant to be a stay-at-home day, but brought ZH out.
She didn’t manage to visit Neilson Hays library, as they were closed on Monday. So I scheduled it in today as replacement.
I improvised on the plan and included a surprise treat for her to Au Bon Pain, and a visit to the “city in a city, in a city, in a city, ….”.
To end the day, Uncle Vich drove us all the way to Chocolate Ville in Nawamin. We wanted to bring her to Hajemi Robot restaurant, but the Bangkok branch is no longer in operation .. so Chocolate Ville then.
Day Eleven: Neilson Hays library, ‘Toilet Visit’ at Terminal 21 and Dining in the Park at Chocolate Ville
Brought ZH to Au Bon Pain for a surprise treat. Exactly her type of food. She was doing her little jump as she walked in to the shop. She chose a babana walnut muffin and a double jalapeno cheese bagel with butter.
We took a motorasai rab jang (motorcycle taxi) from MRT Silom to Neilson Hays library, 50 baht. ZH wanted to try this mode of transport, which I allowed for this trip since it is a just short journey. It was a pretty cool experience for her. The driver even gave her a high five after she got down from the bike!
The library remains the only private English language library in Bangkok. As it is a non-profit organization, non-members are required to pay 100 baht as “donation.” The staff was very nice and told me to just pay for one person.
ZH ‘s choice of transport from library to MRT is non other than motorsai rab jang again. She likes it that she can feels the wind and also being an unconventional method of transportations. Hmmm … and she has always wanted to ride on back of a motorcycle, she said.
After library, we went to Terminal 21 for ‘toilet visit’.
At the very last-minute, we decided to bring ZH to Chocolate Ville for her last night in Bangkok. We reached home from Terminal 21 around 4.15pm, and by the time we left home again, the evening rush hour had started. It took us one and a half hours to reach Chocolate Ville.
Food was so-so, but the place is so picturistic. It has also turned into a tourist spot, with busload of tourists spotted. Be prepared to wait for turns at picture spots.
ZH tried her first french onion soup at Chocolate Ville, just like ZE had her first minestrone soup in Bangkok.
As it was late, she had her video call with her family at Chocolate Ville. A daily affair, without fail. She slept late around 10pm on her last night in Bangkok.
Continuing from Day Ten, I reflect on the day and take time to marvel at the wonders of ZH:
- At Au Bon Pain, she chose a muffin and a bagel each. She said that two are just right for her, otherwise she will not be able to finish
- Despite language barrier, at Au Bon Pain, she went by herself to pack a muffin to take home with one Thai vocab in mind “glaab baan” (takeaway in Thai language)
- Our little adventurer named motorsai rab jang as her no 1 favorite mode of transport! Sooo adventurous, yiyi likes it!
- I suggested that her mommy to sell her car, and get a motorcycle instead. Our smart adventurer replied that a motorcycle is not able to fit in ZE and ZH, plus it has luggage space problem for their violin, piano books, etc
- 21 books in 2 hours at Neilson Hays vs. 20 books in 3 hours at TK Park. She rationalized that it she needed to climb up and down the beehive at TK, and also there were activities such as coloring and storytelling
- The not-adventurous-in-food ZH tried her first French Onion soup
- We took a wefie: ZH, Hacle Bunny, Uncle Vich, yiyi. And she said the photo included ZE … ZH is ZE in the photo and Hacle Bunny is ZH! Aawwwww ….
My old bones are aching, and I need to catch up on my beauty sleep when I get back to KL.
One more day for ZH and yiyi in Bangkok.